Thursday, May 1, 2008

RAIDERS OF THE LOST TORCH

1/31/06 RAIDERS OF THE LOST TORCH

Today was a good day because, I, Brian Lord, currently of Franklin, TN, formerly of Kokomo, IN, got to carry the Olympic torch. To what, you might ask, did I owe this honor, only days before the Winter Olympics? Was it because of my innate wit, intelligence, or obvious, incredibly humility? Was it because of the endearing look created by my slightly pudgy face that also looks like I never shave? Or was it because of my athletic ability, as evidenced by the time I was destroyed by a 68-year-old woman in a 5K 'fun' run. No, it was because multiple gold medal winning Olympian John Naber swung by the office today (he was speaking near Nashville) and let me hold it. John's done a great job for us, speaking to clients like Exxon, MetLife, and Masterfoods, all to great reviews, on how they can 'Awaken The Olympian Within'. (to learn more about John, go here: http://www.premierespeakers.com/john_naber) Before John left for his speech, I was able to get a 'fake' picture of him chasing me whilst I ran with the torch. What he doesn't know is that I was able to secretly take a leg off a small desk here and put it in his Olympic Torch carrying case before he left. So, if this afternoon you see a pudgy-faced, unshaven looking guy sprinting down I-65 carrying what looks to be a torch, being chased by a 6 foot 6 world champion swimmer, please make sure not to hit him. Thanks!

No comments: