Thursday, May 1, 2008

Knordstrum Knowledge

2/27/06 Knordstrum Knowledge

A cool thing about this job is that you get to learn so much. I'm a big reader, so I've been able to learn quite a bit from all the books our speakers have written. When I first started at Premiere, I was given a copy of "The Nordstrum Way" by Robert Spector. (http://www.premierespeakers.com/robert_spector) In reading it, I learned about not just existing in your job, but really enjoying the process of customer service and accepting the challenge of trying to make your client's thrilled with their experience. The next month after reading the book, my sales doubled. Part of that was just a new guy learning more about his company, his clients, and his speakers, but a big part was also learning the craft of serving my clients. The thing is that if you actually taking what you learn and put it into practice- whether its from speakers and writers, or your mentor down the hall- you will get better at what you do.

No comments: