Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blog 1

1/6/06

Today begins my quest to be voted best Premiere Blog of 2006. Yeah, I'm sure Jeremy, Shawn and the rest will try to pander to you with silly 'real' life stories with some sort of weak tie-in to business, but not me. I'm all about hard-hitting, useful information applicable to every day business. On that note, I'd like to discuss the worst date put downs I've ever had. I'm not taking about being put down to go out on a date (...although I had some good ones in college. One girl I'd asked to go out, even though I hadn't seen her for 6 months. She said she'd love to, she just had to OK it with her boyfriend first. Another girl I asked out, but she said she had to rearrange the furniture in her dorm room…even though it was Valentines Day.) I'm talking about what we agents go through all too often- being turned down for event dates by clients. Here are some of the best 'event' date turn-downs I've ever received:

- "It came down between a former US Vice-President and Vern Troyer (aka "Mini Me"), and we just couldn't decide."

- "We're going to do a laundry facilities tour instead."

- "We took the $10,000 we were going to spend on a speaker, and gave it to our attendees to go gambling."

Feel free to email me with the best turn-downs you've given, and they may end up in a future blog.

No comments: